Your website is your global presence for your company, products and services. Deciding to implement a website, or revamping your existing website begins with an examination of your company and your target market. Your website should immediately convey who you are and what you do.
1. What is a domain name? Internet users access your website using your domain name. A domain name must be unique. When choosing a domain name, it’s important for the domain to make sense and have some correlation to your website. You can search for a domain name at GoDaddy Domain Names. An example of a well known domain name is google.com
2. What is web hosting? A website does not do any good if the world cannot see it. It needs to be hosted on a web server somewhere. The World Wide Web is a massive collection of web sites, all hosted on web servers all over the world. There are many web hosting providers out there. I personally prefer Godaddy Hosting.
3. How do I get started?
- Contact us to discuss your project. During our initial meeting, I will learn your requirements and goals for your website.
- Please have an idea of the desired style of website you want. If at all possible, provide a site example for your design. Plan your written content and provide good quality photos for use on your website.
- Your web designer will assist you with domain and hosting setup. Additional fees apply for domain name registration and web hosting setup.
- Once we understand all of your needs and goals, we will develop a mock-up of your proposed website and provide you with a quote.
- Once you approve the final look of your website, we will proceed with construction of your website.
- When you are 100% satisfied with the final design, we will launch your new website. It’s yours!
4. What is web maintenance? Keeping your web site up-to-date is so important, not only to keep your information current, but also to maintain a professional image. It is advisable to ask your web designer about website updates and a maintenance contract. EN Web Designs provides 30-day FREE maintenance.
5. What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website in a search engine’s result. We can help you increase your website’s ranking in Google, as well as all other search popular search engines. The higher your website ranks in a search engine, the more organic traffic you’ll receive and we all know that you need traffic to succeed.